What a crazy Valentine's Day!
We had a wonderful morning at school. It was my work day - and snack day - amidst the Disco Party and Valentine's bags and lots of love being spread all around. About half of the kids ate about half of my snack that I'd stayed up until 1am prepping the night before, but hopefully a greater ratio enjoyed Elizabeth's valentines. :) I was determined to get something healthy in those kids' bodies before the candy onslaught began. The result was a bowl of peas, heart-shaped carrots, wheat bread (cut out in heart shapes) topped with light cream cheese and heart shaped cherry tomatoes. I was pretty proud of this creation and heard of at least one of the boys eating lots of extra helpings. Even Elizabeth told me, "Yeah, Mom. It was good." For the parents, I made tomato soup, crackers (haha the ones left over from John's career expo!), goat cheese, tomatoes and olives and corn bread. Cocoa named me queen of the snack! I think that I have way too much time on my hands to take the crown, but hey, it was fun coming up with it all.
Elizabeth was a complete cutie dancing to the lights and smoke machine w/her "I Love to Dance" tshirt, putting her valentines in her friends bags, and strewing her bag's contents everywhere to eat all of the candy. A great morning for her for sure.
But, then, as I am helping to clean up, I walk outside to a very upset Elizabeth in Papa Robert's arms - she had taken a bad tumble and couldn't even catch her breath to tell me what happened. Turns out that after asking 4 yr old William for some info since no one else saw her fall (!!), she had dropped down on her tailbone from the 6ft high (+) monkey bars on to the sand. I sat with her for awhile but she didn't want to walk so I carried her home. Once at home, I tried to get her to stand on one or the other leg, still resulting in a very painful grimace and refusal to do it again. Finally, after a call to the pediatrician's office, I followed the nurses' advice to have her take a nap and ice her back some more. When she woke, though, she was crying for me because she didn't want to even sit up from the pain. When John got home she wouldn't stand up for him, either. So, we went to the ER.
The first doctor couldn't get her to stand for awhile, but finally, when we got her on her feet, she didn't act like it was hurting. And took a few steps. Then the other doctor came in, had her eat a popcicle, and got her to walk over to get a sticker with him. Totally recovered!!! Good grief.
But, I couldn't have been happier to pay for the most expensive dose of tylenol yet. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment