I can't remember the last time I did a track workout. I used to go every once in awhile to the Camarillo High School track just to get a workout in or two, which I always enjoyed. I don't think I did it after Elizabeth was born, although I did meet up with my friend Jenny Lincoln a few times to do some drills (which was awesome being led through them by a former USA track star). Just brings back some good memories of running track in high school and college. And makes for a challenging workout! I'm still waiting to be able to install a high jump pit in our backyard someday....but until then, just going and doing some 200's at a track is full of nostalgia.
Kezar Stadium, in Golden Gate Park (and former home of the SF 49ers), is less than a mile from our place. I've taken Elizabeth there to run in the lanes and goof around, teaching her drills and having races, but I actually haven't gone by myself. So, today after drop off, I was going to go for a normal run through the park, but decided to stop at Kezar instead. I did 6 200's at about 40 second pace each (nothing impressive there, but at least it felt good to stride it out on the straightaway again!). My form is totally awful!!! (I need you, Jenny!!) But, it was a lot of fun. I even ran into a new friend, Tricia, a mom at HACNS, and walked a few laps with her, too. Happiness is a track workout in the sunshine for sure. Even a slow one for this out of shape high jumper!
No comments:
Post a Comment