Monday, February 17, 2014

Crunch, stomp...and stoned?

"Everybody must get stoned!!!!" - Elizabeth (in the Walgreens today)

I love Bob Dylan and now I love Elizabeth singing Bob Dylan even more.

Elizabeth has a really loud voice. She gets it from John, no doubt. But, Elizabeth's loud voice has now teamed up with Bob Dylan and her favorite song is yeah....you know the one...."Oh, but I should not feel so all alone, EVERYBODY must get stoned!" She officially likes to sing it everywhere.

At least she didn't sing it in church today (oh, I hope I just didn't jinx that!). I thought I was totally on it today having a good selection of snacks for mass - raspberries, carrots, peas, and lentil chips. All pretty non-filling as to not spoil dinner, not too messy, things she'll like to eat....little did I calculate how LOUD the lentil chips crunching would be during the homily, though. So, this Sunday, like every other, continued to be a battle between my constant "shhhhh!!!!" and stopping her from stomping (today it was surely to see her shiny silvery shoes glitter in the light), climbing, talking, jumping, running into the aisle, slamming something against the pew, etc. - and my constant inability to not smile after she did something flipping adorable. Like "sshhhh!!!" me back, or walk about 10 pews back to say peace to everyone in the back of the church.

Mass is exhausting, but I hope that Elizabeth never changes. Loud and proud. Go ahead and throw your stones other church-goers. Keep the Bob Dylan coming.
 ------------------------
Other runner up from today - John telling me that the valentine's day cookies Elizabeth and I made for him were the best I've ever made - hooray! Heart-shaped red velvet cake cookie sandwiches with cream cheese frosting inside. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment