We went shopping at Trader Joe's this afternoon, post-nap. Only the 2nd time since we've been here (vs. every week or so back home), so it was quite the stocking up trip. So many yummy things, so little time to eat it all. :) Elizabeth was her normal self during the trip - talking up a storm at her 20K decibel level voice, counting how many planes there were flying above the meat section (5 times), announcing that there were two penguins in the freezer isle, and playing telephone with the sample dixie paper cups (despite my insisting that they only work if you whisper).
Only today, she got her face painted at school, very impressively, by Mama Amanda, with a bright red/orange mask around her eyes and a red heart on each cheek. It was pretty funny to see some of the other shoppers reactions to her. One man even stopped and asked her about it and she pronounced (almost as loudly as across the playground when I came to pick her up), "I am a SUPER HERO!!!" It was all we could both do to not crack up. She also told us both that she is a "Valentine's Day Super hero" because of the hearts. Earlier she had told me that her super power was sending Valentine cards in the mail, because I had addressed hers and we put them in the mail box on the walk home from school that day.
The mask actually made her look a little like Zoro. So, when we were going to the car and she slurred her words saying she was a "good helppeerrrr" and I asked her what it was she was saying because I couldn't understand, she replied, "It is Spanish, Mom. It is 'helper' in English" with her super hero masked face looking right at me, I just had to give her an extra super hero Valentine's size hug before putting her in the car seat to drive home.
No comments:
Post a Comment