Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Post-nap snuggle bug
I like to call Elizabeth my "Bug", which is short for lots of nicknames I have for her. It isn't a secret that I like bugs, so it probably isn't a surprise that I would attach my entomological whimsy to my little girl somehow through a term of endearment. Lady Lizzie Bug, Betsy Bug, Eliza bug-a-boo are all common variations...but today a moment that I really enjoyed is one that I only used to be able to enjoy on the weekends...with my "snuggle bug". Now that I am home it is something I get to participate in almost every day and it is one of my favorite parts of the day. When Elizabeth wakes up from her nap, it is like an ingrained mission that she must find me - - immediately. She pops out of bed and comes running with searching look but also a giant grin on her face when we make eye contact. We have an enormous embrace, the kind that is full body and only a three year old can give (although I am hoping it extends to at least four?), I say "Hellllllooooo Elizabeth! I am so happy to see you!! How was your nap?!" in a quiet voice, and without a word, she will snuggle up against me and just breathe. Sometimes eyes open. Sometimes eyes shut. But just relaxed and happy. And it makes me so happy, too, to just simply hold her right back. It usually only lasts a few minutes until she realizes that she doesn't have to nap or be still and something pops into her mind that jolts her into "Busy Lizzie Bee" mode, but those few minutes are awesome time spent together to transition to the rest of our day. Thanks for a good long snuggle bug moment today in the afternoon sunshine, Elizabeth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment